Summer Global Internship in Paris
Gain first-hand knowledge, connections, and international work experience through an academic internship in Paris, France. On this program, you will:
- Undertake a professional internship in the field of your choice
- Earn academic credit for your internship via a ten-week online course
- Learn about French culture and history through an on-site course taught by a UC Berkeley instructor
- Live with other program participants in student housing in central Paris
- Satisfies one course requirement in French major or minor..
Units: 6 units
Language of Instruction: English and French
Two Required Courses:
• FRENCH 197: Supervised Independent Studies (3 units)
AND your choice of:
•UGIS W157: Experiential Learning: Organizational Context, Self-Reflection, and Professional Development (3 units)
• UGIS W158: Global Citizenship (3 units)
Examples of internship opportunities in Paris (and the Bay Area) here.
• Students will live in a dormitory-style building in the Latin Quarter Paris, across from the famous Luxembourg Gardens, with other program students.
• Breakfast is provided seven days per week.
• Students will share double rooms with other program participants. Please note that at this residence, due to in-country policies, students will be paired with roommates based on the gender listed on their passports. If you have clarifying questions, please feel free to reach out to the program staff.
• Currently enrolled in a degree program or have graduated within the last 12 months
• At least one year of college coursework completed by the start of the program
• 2.0 GPA or higher
• At least 18 years old at the time of application
• Five semesters of college-level French or equivalent proficiency by the start of the program
If you have not completed the required language coursework, you must submit a Language Evaluation Form within 14 calendar days from the date your online application is submitted. See Instructions for Language Evaluation.
• Application opens mid-January
• Space is limited and applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis
• Deadline to apply is mid-February
Students speak of their experience
Ana V., a double major in French and Political Economy, talks about her experiences in the Summer Global Internship
“I think that studying abroad in a program like Global Internships, where everyone is working in different industries or with different organizations but still bound together through classes and living together, is very rewarding….meeting the people in my program definitely complemented my experience because I felt like I had a better understanding of different sectors of French culture.”
For eligibility criteria and application, click here