Mondays 12pm-2pm and by appointment
- The 19th- and 20th-century French novel
- Naturalism and decadence, particularly in the works of Zola, Huysmans, and Rachilde
- The history of science; literature, science, and deviance; queer historiography
- The relationship between the literary, the spatial, and the social; the aesthetics and poetics of description
- Sexuality studies, gender studies, and queer theory
- Literary and cultural criticism and theory; critical theory
- Second language acquisition and world language pedagogy; social justice and education
An Ohio native, Jacob completed his B.S. in Foreign Language Education and B.A. in French at Miami University. After a brief stint as a high school French teacher, he returned to Miami to complete his M.A. in French. He is currently working on his doctoral dissertation, which examines the relationship between naturalism, decadence, and fin-de-siècle discourses around sexual normativity. He is also pursuing a Designated Emphasis in Critical Theory and a Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.
Click here to schedule an appointment during regular office hours; for alternative appointment times, please email me.